In this article, we will go through how to create a new workshop. A workshop is a quick way to generate lots of ideas and develop the best of them into finalized solution proposals.
- To create a new workshop, click the + New workshop link on the left navigation of Orchidea.
- Enter the Problem statement and name of the workshop in the following window.
- You can learn more about the problem statement formulation in your blog post: Why innovation challenge design is important and how to do it?
- We recommend 2 - 3 word long workshop names.
- Click the Private toggle switch to create a private workshop.
- If you create a public workshop, it will be immediately visible to all workspace members. If you want to work on your content in peace, create a private workshop. You can change this option at any time in the Workshop settings.
- Click Submit to create the workshop.
- Add members to your workshop if it is private. You can add members to a private workshop by clicking Add new members on the Brief tab. Be aware that members have to be added to a private workshop before the workshop starts. To delete members or edit workshop roles, click on on the top of the Brief tab. You can read more about managing members in Workshop settings.
- To start the workshop, click on Start phase in the bottom right corner of the Brief phase.
⚠️ Workshop timer cannot be stopped in the middle of a phase. However, you must always manually move forward in the workshop phases by pressing Complete & Start next. This allows for pauses between steps.
If you want to make changes to your workshop, this is how you do it:
- Add a description and attachments to your workshop. You can add a description from the Workshop Brief tab by clicking on the box below the problem statement. Click Submit to save the description and attachments.
- Change the length of the different phases of the workshop. You can change the length of a phase by clicking the phase in the top navigation of the workshop. To make a phase longer, press +, and to make it shorter, press - next to the time.
- Change the General workshop settings. Go to any ongoing or completed phase in the workshop and press the button in the top right corner of the phase in the top navigation. In the view that opens, select the Settings tab. Change the max proposal and max reaction count.
- If necessary, you can change the instruction or the name of the different phases of the workshop. To change the name or instructions follow these steps:
- Go to the phase you want to change on Brief tab.
- Press the button in the top right corner of the phase.
- From the menu that opens, press Edit Name and Instructions.
- Click Submit to save your changes.