In this article, we will go through how to create a workshop. A workshop is a quick way to generate a lot of ideas and develop them into finalized ideas.
1. To create a workshop, click on the button on main navigation.
2. Give the workshop a succinct name. The name will appear in the side menu:
3. Write the Main question for the workshop. The Main question will appear on the workshop Info tab.
4. Choose whether you want the workshop to be private or public? A public workshop will be immediately visible to other users. If you want to work on your content in peace and quiet, choose the private option. You can change the workshop to public at any time from the workshop settings.
5. Press Submit to create your workshop.
6. Add members to your private workshop. You can add members to a private workshop by clicking Add new members on the Brief tab. Be aware that members have to be added to a private workshop before the workshop starts. To delete members or edit workshop roles, click on on the top of the Brief tab. You can read more about managing members in Workshop settings.
7. To start the workshop, click on Start phase in the bottom right corner of the Brief phase.
⚠️ Workshop timer cannot be stopped in the middle of a phase. However, you must always manually move forward in the workshop phases by pressing Complete & Start next. This allows for pauses between steps.
If you want to make changes to your workshop, this is how you do it:
- Add a description and attachments to your workshop. You can add a description from the Workshop Brief tab by clicking on the box below the main question. Click Submit to save the description and attachments.
- Change the length of the different phases of the workshop. You can change the length of a phase by going to the phase of desire. To make a step longer, press + and to make it shorter, press - next to the time.
- Change the General workshop settings. Go to any ongoing or completed phase in the workshop and press the button in the top right corner of the phase button. In the view that opens, select the Settings tab. Change the max proposal and max reaction count.
- If necessary, you can change the instruction or the name of the different phases of the workshop. To change the name or instructions follow these steps:
- Go to the phase you want to change on Brief tab.
- Press the button in the top right corner of the phase.
- From the menu that opens, press Edit Name and Instructions.
- Click Submit to save your changes.