There are forms for two different purposes in Orchidea: to collect proposals and to manage proposals. In this article, we go through how to make and modify forms.
Create a new form for a channel
Orchidea's two different forms have different uses. When you create a new channel, you need to define a form for collecting proposals. When you want to manage the proposals in a channel, you want to add management forms to the channel. Creating forms is a similar process in both cases, but you start editing differently.
You can edit the proposal submission form by first clicking Create New Proposal and then clicking Edit Form from the right menu. You can add a proposal management form by clicking on an existing proposal first, and then from the right menu + Add form.
Making and modifying a proposal recording form
If you chose to make your own workflow you have to make the proposal collection form yourself. If you chose one of Orchidea's two best-practice templates you can modify the existing one. This is how you make and modify a proposal recording form:
- Go to the channel where you want to make a proposal recording form.
- Click + Create proposal.
- Then press Edit form from the right menu.
- Drag the fields you want from the fields list on the right with your mouse. You can also delete existing fields by pressing from the upper right corner of a field. To make a field mandatory press the blue.
- If you cannot find a suitable field in the list, you can add a new field by clicking + Add new field at the bottom of the list. Learn more by reading the article: Create, edit, and delete form fields
- When your proposal recording form is ready press Save.
Making and modifying a management form
By making a management form you create a standard way to manage the proposals in a channel.
There are two types of management forms available: forms and form groups. Forms are the basic building block of your management process. In form groups, you combine several forms into one and let the user filling the form to choose, which form she wants to fill out. A decision is a typical example of a form group. When you ask someone to make a decision, they choose between two forms: approve and archive.
This is how you make and modify a proposal evaluation form:
- Press on a proposal.
- Click on Add form or Add form group.
- Create a name for your form or form group. Drag fields from the right menu to the form. You can also delete existing fields by pressing from the upper right corner of a field. To make a field mandatory press the blue.
- If there is no such field that you need, make your own by scrolling to the end of the field list on the right. Click + Add new field. Select the type of your custom field, name it, and create a Helper text. Learn more by reading the article: Create, edit, and delete form fields
- To save your proposal evaluation form press Save.
- If you want to edit an existing evaluation form press on the upper right corner of the form. From the opening menu click to edit your form or delete it by pressing .